29/01/2013

Consolata Missionaries :29/01/1901-29/01/2013


Also known as: Misioneros de la Consolata (español) / Missionnaires de la Consolata (français) /  
Istituto Missioni Consolata (Italiano) / Missionário da Consolata (Português) /
 Institutum Missionum a Consolata (latine)

We are an international religious and missionary family of about 1,000 priests and brothers, 900 sisters and lay people consecrated for life to the missions. We work with local churches to help them mature in faith, become self-sufficient in personnel and ministries. We help the poor and marginalized populations in society around the world to improve their living conditions through provision of health care, education, food production, skills training, clean water, humanitarian aid during emergencies, infrastructure, etc.


Our Origin
Blessed Joseph Allamano, founded a congregation of Priests and Brothers in 1901. The need for feminine aspect within the work of evangelization for non-Christians gave birth to the foundation of the Consolata Sisters in 1910.We can therefore, note that the Consolata missionaries consist of priests, brothers, sisters and laity. The founder placed both congregations under the special protection of the Virgin Consolata. From the very beginning, the aim of the society was to gather together young priests, clerics and lay men who wanted to dedicate themselves to the mission in order to prepare them and make them fit for the work of evangelization in those regions that would be assigned to the society or congregation by the Holy See.
In 1902 the first missionaries that is two priests namely Tommaso Gays, 31 years and Filippo Perlo, 29 years plus two brothers that is Luigi Falda, 19 years and Celeste Lusso, 18 years were sent to the missions from Italy and they landed in Kenya and started their first evangelization activity in Central province at a place called Tuthu which is within the present Muranga Catholic Diocese. Pope Pius X on 6th July 1909 elevated this independent mission to the status of apostolic vicariate and Fr. Philipo Perlo was consecrated as Episcopal vicar on 23rd October 1909. He later founded the local congregation of the Sisters of Mary Immaculate of Nyeri.



Superiors
Superior General:
Fr. Stefano Camerlengo, I.M.C. (56) (2011.06.08 – ...)
Superior General:
Fr. Aquileo Fiorentini, I.M.C. (61) (2005.05.10 – 2011.06.08)
Superior General:
Fr. Pietro Trabucco, I.M.C. (1993 – 2005.05.10)
Superior General:
Fr. Domenico Fiorina, I.M.C. (1949.09.01 – 1969)
Superior General:
Bishop Filippo Perlo, I.M.C. (1926.02.16 – 1929.01.11)
Founder:
Blessed Fr. Giuseppe Allamano, I.M.C. (1901.01.29)

Living Bishops (1 Archbishop, 15 Bishops)
ColombiaArchbishop Luis Augusto Castro Quiroga, I.M.C. (70) , Metropolitan Archbishop of Tunja (Colombia), Apostolic Administrator of Duitama–Sogamoso (Colombia)
TanzaniaBishop Evaristo Marc Chengula, I.M.C. (72) , Bishop of Mbeya (Tanzania)
BrazilBishop Servílio Conti, I.M.C. (96) , Titular Bishop of Thuburbo maius, Bishop-Prelate emeritus of Roraima (Brazil)
BrazilBishop Giovanni Crippa, I.M.C. (54) , Titular Bishop of Accia, Auxiliary Bishop of São Salvador da Bahia (Brazil)
KenyaBishop Anthony Ireri Mukobo, I.M.C. (63) , Vicar Apostolic of Isiolo (Kenya), Titular Bishop of Rusguniæ
KenyaBishop Peter Kihara Kariuki, I.M.C. (58) , Bishop of Marsabit (Kenya)
BrazilBishop Aldo Mongiano, I.M.C. (93) , Bishop emeritus of Roraima (Brazil)
KenyaBishop Virgilio Pante, I.M.C. (66) , Bishop of Maralal (Kenya)
SwazilandBishop José Luís Gerardo Ponce de León, I.M.C. (51) , Vicar Apostolic of Ingwavuma (South Africa), Titular Bishop of Maturba, Apostolic Administrator of Manzini (Swaziland)
BrazilBishop Elio Rama, I.M.C. (59) , Bishop of Pinheiro (Brazil)
KenyaBishop Ambrogio Ravasi, I.M.C. (83) , Bishop emeritus of Marsabit (Kenya)
MozambiqueBishop Inácio Saure, I.M.C. (52) , Bishop of Tete (Mozambique)
ColombiaBishop José Luis Serna Alzate, I.M.C. (76) , Bishop emeritus of Líbano–Honda (Colombia)
BrazilBishop Walmir Alberto Valle, I.M.C. (74) , Bishop emeritus of Joaçaba (Brazil)

Deceased Bishops (10 Bishops)
2012: ColombiaBishop Angelo Cuniberti, I.M.C. , Vicar Apostolic emeritus of Florencia (Colombia)
1990: KenyaBishop Carlo Maria Cavallera, I.M.C. , Bishop emeritus of Marsabit (Kenya)
1978: ItalyBishop Carlo Re, I.M.C. , Bishop emeritus of Ampurias e Tempio (Italy)
1976: KenyaBishop Lawrence Bessone, I.M.C. , Bishop of Meru (Kenya)
1966: BrazilBishop José Nepote-Fus, I.M.C. , Bishop-Prelate emeritus of Roraima (Brazil)
1960: ColombiaBishop Antonio Torasso, I.M.C. , Vicar Apostolic of Florencia (Colombia)
1953: ItalyBishop Luigi Santa, I.M.C. , Bishop of Rimini (Italy)
1948: KenyaBishop Filippo Perlo, I.M.C. , Vicar Apostolic emeritus of Kenya (Kenya), Superior General emeritus of Consolata Missionaries
1948: SomaliaBishop Gabriele Perlo, I.M.C. , Vicar Apostolic emeritus of Mogadishu (Somalia)
1944: KenyaBishop Giuseppe Perrachon, I.M.C. , Vicar Apostolic emeritus of Nyeri (Kenya)
Other Former Prelates (2)
1933: EthiopiaFr. Gaudenzio Barlassina, I.M.C. , Prefect Apostolic of Kaffa (Ethiopia)
1930: KenyaFr. Giuseppe Balbo, I.M.C. , Prefect Apostolic of Meru (Kenya)














 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comentário (Comment)!

“On Death and Dying“

The idea of death makes one aware of one's life, one's vital being – that which is impermanent and will one day end.   When ...